Hodes Digital (part of the Bernard Hodes Group) hired me as a WordPress and PHP / MySQL backend developer to work with their front end developers. This project involved the construction of a new website for a sister company who are a recruitment consultancy specialising in human resources, Macmillan Davies Hodes.
To construct the WordPress theme and get the WordPress backend to work the way the client wanted it to required some standard WordPress theme development techniques. But it also required the development of some custom plugin functionality as the plugins already available only covered half of the backend requirements. Here are a list of some of the elements I worked on whilst developing this website :
- Widgets development for job search functions and the display of featured and the latest jobs in the sidebar
- Development of WordPress template tags for SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Development of a WordPress shortcode for displaying job search results
- Development of WordPress functions for amongst other things rewriting permalinks inserted into the MySQL database for SEO
- Development of custom WordPress admin interfaces to make it easier for the site administrators to find posted job content whilst referencing custom fields
- Development of forms which email CVs and integrate with the client’s internal ATS (Application Tracking System). It is worth pointing out that I tend to develop forms in PHP and rarely use form plugins as they never seem to quite give me the functionality I need.
This site is well designed and thought out, and it provides a wealth of information about the company and the people that work there as well as video content. So if you looking for a new job in HR why not take a look at this website.