The Institute of Civil Engineers Benevolent Fund wanted a refreshing new look and feel for their website and engaged the design agency Powell Allen to take a fresh approach. Working with Powell Allen, I took their designs and the client’s requirements and built a responsive WordPress website that works very well on mobiles, tablets and desktop computers. The result is an excellent demonstration of how WordPress allows for complete design freedom in contrast to the perception that WordPress places restrictions on the look and feel of a website. The website can be viewed here.
Here are some of the tasks I performed to fulfil the requirements of the website build:
- Setup a development environment with WordPress
- Worked with the Photoshop design files to produce web ready images
- Developed HTML / CSS templates from the designs and cross browser and responsively tested them
- Utilised WordPress Custom Post Type content management features to make it straight forward to update the content
- Helped the client select suitable website hosting, configured the hosting and pushed the website live
The Institute of Civil Engineers Benevolent Fund are very pleased with their new responsive website which has an original look and feel and is straight forward for them to edit the content using the admin features of WordPress.